Researcher - Social Media
|Purpose or Impact of Role:||
The fulfillment of this volunteer role shall increase our institutional knowledge base. With more knowledge, we are more insightful and effective in our actions.
As a researcher, you shall be assigned to review a resource material ( a report, book, website etc) or conduct a case study on an organization or phenomenon.
You shall submit a concise summary of the important facts discovered during your research. We place high priority on extracting the following types of information:
- introduction of new concepts or ways of viewing things
- a list of to do tasks
- description of strategies and techniques
- case studies or examples
Reports to Research Coordinator
We seek candidates with the following characteristics:
- Ability to sift and extract important information from a large set of data.
- Succinct and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skill.
- Dedicated and dependable. Takes the fulfilment of a commitment seriously. Places particular emphasis on completing projects.
- Altruistic and passionate about volunteerism, activism and leaving a mark on the world.
You shall conduct an assigned research.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:||
Proficiency in English Language
|Preferred (Not Required) Qualifications:||
|Bonus (Not Required) Qualifications:||
Prior experience volunteering with non-profits.
|Proposed Start Date:||
1 - 4 weeks.
|Time Commitment Requirements:||
10 - 20 hours.
|Required Application Documents:||
Contact information of 2 individuals willing to recommend you.
|Optional Application Documents:||
|Resources To Help You:||
Here are links to resources to help you effectively conduct research and summarize:
- The Purdue OWL: Conducting Research
This role is particularly suitable for high school and college students.